About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Our Behaviors and Path Planning teams build software solutions to improve how our vehicles behave in various driving situations based on the perception of the world around our autonomous vehicle. The area you may be involved in are enhancing motion control and path planning algorithms, develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving, identify benchmark and test performance of algorithms on Torc's automated vehicles, and add new capabilities to meet our operational goals.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be responsible for various software development and engineering activities supporting the delivery of autonomy algorithm software to the overall system solution. Perform software development activities to include, but not limited to, software architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration, deployment and maintenance. You will work closely with other engineering teams to create innovative solutions for our Level 4 autonomous system.
- Execute full software development lifecycle activities using C++ in an Agile Linux environment
- Enhance motion control and path planning algorithms
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing.
- Support safety requirements incorporation into daily activities.
- Provide Technical Mentoring within behaviors and path planning teams.
- Ability to lead feature development projects and teams.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or engineering equivalent with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proficient with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Industry Experience in Robotics/Autonomy algorithms, architecture and design in area of behaviors and path planning software
- Strong in C++ programming skills
- Proficient understanding of probability, statistics, probabilistic modeling, and linear algebra
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Good spatial comprehension and computational skills
- High level understanding of Bayes probability theory
- Basic knowledge of Kalman filters, sensor fusion and dynamic state estimation
- Basic knowledge foundation in physics, motion control and kinematics
- PhD with at least 1 year of relevant industry experience