About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep contextual understanding of our customers, our users, and their needs.
- Architect, design and develop large scale and high-availability solutions for Remote Assistance.
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams such as System Design, Safety and Mission Assurance.
- Maintain a vision for the functionalities you own and your Core Team works on. Create transparency for this vision throughout your stakeholder network.
- Create, document and maintain concepts of the architecture and designs of Remote Assistance, the surrounding systems and your primary areas of focus. Taking into account perspectives from all stakeholders.
- Work with your Technical Product Director, and Product Owners to define and prioritize product deliverables for our internal and external customers.
- Work with a team of engineers and provide market and customer insight to them. Build out detailed requirement stories that define product solutions to customer needs and define phased execution of requirements where necessary, and answer questions from all stakeholders.
- Participate in product team reviews of strategy, roadmap and product requirements.
- Drive backlog prioritization process for your Development Team and participate in the sprint planning with your Core Team, including a review of the previous sprint, an overview of an upcoming sprint, review of new customer enhancements.
- Verify readiness and quality of features for release to production, public beta or private beta.
- Work with the Technical Documentation team to ensure relevant documentation is prepared to support a release.
- Represent your product to internal and external audiences for demonstrations, reviews and experience sessions. Participate in University collaborations, industry conferences and trade-shows.
- Stay up to date with latest industry standards, technology trends and evaluate the application for Mission Control. Champion innovation and ideation in your Core Team.
What You Need To Succeed
- PhD, Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field with 5 or more years of relevant industry experience or relevant experience
- 3+ years professional experience in a product or engineering or comparable role for a SaaS, Cloud based, Logistic service or other digital service product.
- Background in Systems Engineering, Software Architecture, IoT Systems or other experience in architecting, designing or developing complex systems or solutions
- Openness to work across different time zones and locations required
- Excellent knowledge of automotive software architecture and design standards
- Knowledge of network technologies and distributed systems
- Strong systems-level thinking, with underlying engineering competency of the complex physical and software systems used in self-driving vehicles.
- Experience in modern C++ development within an embedded Linux or Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in robotics, aerospace, automotive systems engineering or IoT Systems development
- Experience in developing cloud first systems
- Understanding of efficient software development a well-organized software architecture
- Understanding or interest in the Logistics and Transportation Industry
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance