At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
Responsible for leading and executing a growing external communications and media relations program. Support the corporate objectives to amplify the Torc brand, elevate Torc’s profile in the media and the market, and showcase the company as the leader in the autonomous trucking space. Supervise one public relations specialist.
- Plan, implement, and manage public relations initiatives.
- Develop and seek out creative opportunities to further position Torc as a leader in the autonomous trucking industry.
- Manage external PR agencies and contractors.
- Measure and provide reports on PR initiatives.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with external relevant stakeholders, such as media reps, in business and the industry to ensure the company reputation is protected, to guarantee desired coverage, and to deflect unwanted criticism.
- Plan and manage public relations and media events as needed.
- Manage press and event inquiries and interview requests.
- Produce and edit written content for a variety of external-facing materials, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives.
- Develop internal and external PR guidelines.
- Develop reputation management and crisis communication strategy as needed.
- Measure and provide reports on PR initiatives.
- Maintain communication channels with strategic partners.
- Detect public relations and media issues as they emerge and address them swiftly and directly.
- Supervise one public relations specialist.
- Manages employees by ensuring compliance to federal, state, and company policies, procedures, guidelines, and management principles.
- In partnership with People Operations, supervisory responsibilities include leading continuous goal setting, career pathing and professional development, tracking competencies, employee team building and training, performance management, scheduling and assigning work, resource management and controlling expenses, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures. Trains staff, maintains training records, ensures appropriate and continuous training. Proactively manages coaching, employee relations, and conflict while representing Torc’s core values.
- Identify hiring needs, partner with People Operations and Talent Acquisition, and assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing, selection, hiring and new hire onboarding processes for talent across multidisciplinary teams. Recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations. Manages any problems and concerns to closure.
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes with the highest degree of quality and safety.
- 8+ years of experience developing and implementing successful public relations campaigns (with preference to experience in transportation or technology companies).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related degree.
- Experience in creating content for technology fields or interest in autonomous vehicle technology a plus.
- Proven experience managing external agencies.
- Experience supervising others and training team members as spokespeople.
- Confident communicator and presenter.
- Ability to strategize and plan campaigns in advance.
- Ability to creatively problem solve, and pivot as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and editing skills to build trust and strong working relationships, effectively create and proofread documents and reports, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that don’t comply with protocol.
- Critical/logical thinking to identify problems and provide solutions to ensure efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fastpaced environment.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation