At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Administrative Assistance to join our Torc team at our headquarters in Blacksburg, Virginia. The Administrative Assistant for Torc provides a broad range of administrative support to the organization and to department directors including Finance, IT, Marketing, People Operations, Purchasing, Facilities, Safety and Security, Legal and Talent Acquisition. Responsibilities include creating and proofreading documents, analyzing data and creating/maintaining spreadsheets, and preparing reports. In this role, you will also provide general support and serve as a welcoming Torc representative for employees, callers, and visitors. The Administrative Assistant also coordinates schedules and calendars, activities between departments, events and celebrations. In you are interested in joining a fast paced, highly collaborative team, this may be the role for you!
- Greet and welcome visitors and complete sign in process.
- Nurture office morale; project a positive, energetic, and optimistic attitude. Observe employees, vendors, and visitors and react professionally serving as Torc’s public image.
- Ensure office coverage while away from the workspace during a Monday – Friday schedule, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule.
- Answer and respond professionally to multiline telephone system and transferring calls as appropriate, emails, and other critical office communications. Runs errands as needed making wise use of time and resources.
- Maintain Torc calendars including conference room scheduling, schedule meetings and appointments, and provide reminders to staff of upcoming important events. Assist with managers calendars and appointments.
- Assist Shipping and Receiving, preparing packages for shipment using UPS, FedEx, USPS or other appropriate mail carrier services; and obtaining and filing receiving reports. Assist with sorting/distributing mail.
- Ensures and maintains efficient and confidential filing systems and monitors for security, protection, integrity, retrieval, and transfer records.
- Provides general support regarding travel arrangements and reimbursements assistance, bills and accounts payable, reconciling company credit card charges with statements, and support relocation efforts and onboarding of new employees.
- Inventory, monitor, order, and stock office supplies, employee health supplies, cleaning and sanitizing supplies, company snacks, drinks, condiments, supplies, paper products, etc.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing reports, summarizing information and daily activities, and identifying trends.
- Provide assistance to the Executive Administrative Assistant for such areas as back-up support for urgent calendar items among the leadership team, back-up support for internal communications projects
- Review company bulletin boards periodically for outdated materials, are attractive and informative, and have appropriate signage including federal and state required posters.
- Monitors and proactively seeks potential maintenance and repair issues and quickly reacts to concerns. Ensures appropriate cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed and contact vendors of any issues for immediate service. Seek potential health and safety hazards and concerns immediately communicating any issues for assessment.
- Provide appropriate assistance and communicate any accommodations needed or disability services for employees and visitors.
- Maintain the office and site condition and arrange necessary maintenance and repairs. Monitor the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image. Ensure kitchen, breakroom, and other employee areas are clean, maintained, and provide a safe working environment.
- Planning, coordinating and preparing for events including creating the agenda, recruiting help, identifying vendors and event area or venue, creating checklists and backup plans, invitations and flyers, preparing the event area, acquiring and handling promotionals, assisting with smooth scheduling and activities, cleaning, returning site to original condition, ensure vendor payments are timely.
- Academic coursework in computer applications, office administration and technology, or other field of study. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and survey and scheduling tools.
- 4+ years of experience as an Office Assistant, Front Office Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of office responsibilities, systems and procedures; accounting principles, data management practices and procedures.
- Experience with a wide variety of office equipment and ability to provide simple maintenance and repairs.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships and positively connect with a diverse workforce and visitors including maintaining appropriate phone etiquette and professional image.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and edit official documents and correspondence, effectively create reports and relate data, create and maintain spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, and file documents according to established guidelines. Ability to coordinate several projects to a successful completion.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation