At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Team
The Fusion team is responsible for developing perception algorithms to detect and identify objects for ' 'Torc's autonomous driving systems, allowing the system to understand and react to the environment around the vehicle in real-time. Our algorithms utilize 3D point cloud data from LiDAR and objects detected in radar returns. The team also implements the sensor fusion algorithms that combine this data and provide probabilistic state estimation.
About the Role:
Torc's perception team is looking for experienced software developers to assist in developing production quality sensor fusion algorithms. In this position, you will design algorithms that use sensor data from LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras to detect, classify, segment, and predict obstacles in the vehicle's surrounding environment.
- Work on an agile scrum team to design, develop, implement, and test level-4 software for autonomous driving vehicles.
- Implement sensor fusion algorithms to predict and measure objects from multiple sensors
- Optimize and improve upon existing algorithms
- Develop processes and techniques to analyze data from LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras to assess the performance of new and existing algorithms
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Work with a winning team of robotics engineers and software developers to advance cutting edge technology
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in designing, implementing, and testing production-ready applications.
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and knowledge of object-oriented concepts.
- Excellent understanding of data structures.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of multithreading applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications protocols (TCP, UDP, multi-cast).
- Expertise in Kalman filters, sensor fusion, and state estimation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on an agile scrum team
- Experience developing applications using the Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- 2+ developing software applications on a Linux platform
- 2+ developing multi-threaded applications
- 5+ years of experience with multi-object tracking systems or other data fusion system
- 5+ years of experience with software and algorithm optimization
- 5+ years of experience developing safety-critical software in the automotive, aerospace, or related industries
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation