At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Linux Engineer to support the integration and deployment of autonomous software to vehicles operating all over the world. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers to drive the technical road map of infrastructure operations that supports both internal development and remote fleet management.
- Contributing to the design of innovative solutions for all aspects of software build, deploy and test processes.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop best practices for configuration and release management.
- Designing and implementing systems responsible for data acquisition and analysis from remote vehicles in the field.
- Proactively identifying more efficient solutions for integrating software with complex hardware components, through on-vehicle troubleshooting and log analysis.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux platforms
- Proficiency with networking fundamentals and troubleshooting methods
- Continuous integration/Continuous delivery concepts and tools
- Management of technical infrastructure (bare metal and cloud-based)
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Containerization and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python, shell scripting
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Performance metrics and analysis
- Test automation principles and design
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 4 or more years of relevant industry experience
- Certifications-Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) preferred
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation