At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role
Torc is looking for a System Integration Engineering Co-op to join a team responsible for bringing our autonomous driving software onto our test vehicles. This team provides a key role in the continuous development pipeline, ensuring functional deployment updates are available to testing teams on a regular basis.
- Support the integration of new and existing automated components onto vehicles and test benches
- Assist with troubleshooting of component and system integration issues, guiding the team to an efficient resolution
- Assist developer-in-vehicle development data collection and testing
- Support integration tests, performing closed course and on-road verification of software updates prior to deployment to testing groups
- Track full system performance, understanding the contributions of relevant sub-systems, providing feedback to development teams
- Support a rapid integration and deployment schedule for autonomous software stack with consistent releases to testing teams
- Assist with tracking of system performance KPis on a regular basis
- Provide integration issue resolution support to the testing teams
- Experience with robotics, or systems integration of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience using ROS is preferred
- Programming experience in C++ and Python are desired
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, able to identify root causes in complex integrated systems
- Strong communication skills in both written documentation and verbal presentation
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required
- Progress toward a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science