At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
Responsible for implementation and maintenance of and reporting and tracking for a compliance management system for all relevant areas at Torc in accordance with Daimler requirements and applicable laws, and regulations and best practices. Review Torc’s business practices to ensure laws and regulations are followed, identify areas of non-compliance, and create a plan and metrics to implement changes as needed. Perform compliance audits and evaluate activities to mitigate risks and maintain a culture of compliance and high ethical standards. Maintain a deep knowledge of applicable policies and regulations and stay well informed of all legal and regulatory changes. Create and maintain compliance and ethics training programs and address employee questions and concerns. Supervise a data protection specialist.
- Coordinate and implement a compliance program to ensure Torc operates in accordance with Daimler policies and business practices and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Remain up to date on federal and state laws and update policies and procedures accurately and timely.
- Proactively perform risk assessments, performance monitoring, and compliance audits and evaluate activities to determine whether established processes and protocols are being followed, areas for improvement, and collaboration with impacted employees/programs.
- Develop and maintain up to date written documentation and policies and communicate as appropriate. Maintain confidential resource library of policies for employees.
- Collaborate with others to develop, analyze, and set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation. Solid understanding of what is needed to form critical plans to manage crisis events or compliance violations, should they ever occur.
- Proactively prepare and collaborate with external professionals, including external auditors, as needed.
- Track and report on compliance measures; maintain regular communication with compliance professionals within the Daimler organization.
Compliance and Ethics Training
- Develop and maintain educational materials for training employees on laws and regulations, policies, compliance, and ethics. Collaborate with others, including the People Operations, Engineering, etc., to develop and maintain superior programs.
- Be available to address and answer employee questions and concerns on compliance and ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance, or related field of study.
- Certificate in compliance and/or ethics (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) preferred or ability to quickly obtain.
- 8+ years previous experience as a compliance officer/manager with responsibilities in compliance, ethics, and risk management roles.
- Knowledge of data protection laws, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Superior attention to detail to identify, analyze, document issues and create/revise policies related to compliance and ethics.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to business and engineering.
- A professional competence and commitment to help foster a community of integrity, best practices, compliance, and highest levels of professional and ethical practice.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret laws and regulations, legal terms, and compliance and complex documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build trust and strong relationships, effectively create reports and relate data, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation