At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
Responsible for proposing, implementing, and maintaining systems which support information security and data compliance measures. Duties include documentation, policy (guidelines) development, security audits, forensic analysis, compliance evaluation, and contract review/enforcement. As a key member of operations team, must be comfortable representing TORC’s technical risks and constraints in negotiations with employees, partners, and suppliers at various leadership levels. Directly supports our Data Protection Officer in the Legal Department as a data compliance specialist.
- Responsible for proposing, implementing, and maintaining systems which support information security and compliance measures, including network/server infrastructure, monitoring platforms, collaboration tools, and identity management systems.
- Provides comprehensive risk management through security audits, vulnerability assessments, forensic analysis, compliance evaluation, incident response, and communication with all relevant stakeholders (e.g., employees, partners, senior leadership, law enforcement).
- Researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach.
- Adheres to and assists with the execution of IT operational procedures, technical support, and implementation, with the ability to respond to after-hours help desk requests on a limited basis.
- Supports Data Protection Officer (DPO) in (a) informing, advising, and training employees/partners on their responsibilities to protect personal and confidential data, (b) identifying, analyzing, and mitigating data compliance risks and monitoring compliance with corporate policies/regulations related to data protection, (c) performing data impact assessments, and (d) cooperating with supervisory authorities and regulatory enforcement entities.
- Produces operational, procedural, and informational documentation for all relevant systems, and provides user support and training, as necessary. Guides policy/regulation development and performs contract and security reviews.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 4+ years of experience, OR Associates degree in a technical field plus 6+ years of experience. Master’s degree in a Cyber Security, Forensics, or similar field a PLUS.
- Ideal candidate would have one or more certifications related to information security (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CCNP/CCIE Security, GSEC, Security+) or compliance (e.g., ISO/IEC 27001, GRISC, CGRC, HIPAA, PCI DSS).
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role strongly preferred.
- Proven experience designing and evaluating business applications, security tools, webservers, email systems, and deployment/monitoring solutions within multiple environments and platforms.
- Solid understanding of network and information security fundamentals, and familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, or similar data protection standards.
- Recent work experience where data privacy was a part of the job’s responsibilities or tasks.
- Both Microsoft Windows and Linux experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships, effectively create reports and relate data, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, develop, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Must possess a passion and the ability to develop and grow colleagues to their highest potential.
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation