At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Team
The Active Sensing and Information Fusion team is responsible for developing perception algorithms to detect and identify objects for Torc’s autonomous driving systems, allowing the system to understand and react to the environment around the vehicle in real-time. Our algorithms utilize 3D point cloud data from LiDAR and objects detected in radar returns. The team also implements the sensor fusion algorithms that combine this data and provide probabilistic state estimation.
We work closely with other engineering teams in behavior and motion planning to create innovative solutions for our Level 4 autonomous system.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer with an understanding of autonomous vehicles and expertise in computer vision, LiDAR data, or object tracking.
As Software Engineer on our Active Sensing/Perception team, you will develop and test software components and algorithms for autonomous systems. You'll also be involved in creating systems that detect, classify, segment and predict obstacles in the vehicle's surrounding environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and test C++ ROS software along the TORC perception pipeline, including object detection, classification, and tracking.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related technical field
- 0-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience programming in C++ and ROS (Robot Operating System) and with efficient, clean code
- Experience in robotics and/or self-driving technologies
What we want to see:
Experience working with:
- Computer Vision
- Lidar Processing
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- C++ Libraries
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills
- Python Experience
- Multithreaded software development
- Structured software development, automated testing, and deployment process
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation