At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager role is a critical member of the Program Management Office. This position shares responsibility for supporting the development of a virtual driver product that meets customer needs. To do this, they collaborate with the business stakeholders and various technical experts to understand expectations and business value and support incorporation of those development needs into the overall Product Backlog to meet these needs.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using a variety of tools and methods to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Lead and facilitate software teams on the ART through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe.
- Drive consistent collaboration between teams, engineering, and system architects
- Drive release level processes for the ART demonstrating servant leadership
- Measure and track program performance execution and capability completion
- Facilitate dependency resolution and helping manage early risk identification and remediation
- Escalate and track program impediments
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders
- Facilitate the Scrum of Scrum meetings, and acts as facilitator/coach at the Program level.
- Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams to deliver value consistently.
- Support ART teams with ART Launch and Agile transformations.
- Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
- Applies advanced Agile, Lean and SAFe principles and skills
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Track and produce key metrics (e. g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
- Drive continuous improvement
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or software development; Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with technical teams; able to support technical discussions
- Systems Thinker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Agile principles; scaled agile experience preferred; scrum master experience a plus
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation