At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Team
The Fusion team is responsible for developing perception algorithms to detect and identify objects for Torc’s autonomous driving systems, allowing the system to understand and react to the environment around the vehicle in real-time. Our algorithms utilize 3D point cloud data from LiDAR and objects detected in radar returns. The team also implements the sensor fusion algorithms that combine this data and provide probabilistic state estimation.
We work closely with other engineering teams in behavior and motion planning to create innovative solutions for our Level 4 autonomous system.
About the Role:
Torc’s perception team is looking for experienced software developers to assist in the development of production quality sensor fusion algorithms. In this position you will develop algorithms that use sensor data from LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras to detect, classify, segment and predict obstacles in the vehicle's surrounding environment.
- Develop production ready, reliable software for deployment on automated vehicles
- Implement sensor fusion algorithms to predict and measure objects from multiple sensors
- Process and analyze data from LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras to asses performance of existing algorithms
- Optimize and improve upon existing algorithms
- Work with a winning team of robotics engineers and software developers to advance cutting edge technology
- Expertise in Kalman filters, sensor fusion, state estimation
- 3+ years of experience with inertial navigation systems and vehicle coordinate frames
- 3+ years of experience with software and algorithm optimization and multithreading
- Familiarity with production quality software deployment and testing
- 3+ years of Experience in C++ programming skills
- Advanced degree/Masters in Robotics, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware systems
- Unit and regression testing experience
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation