At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
The embedded software engineer supports the CAT project by completing software maintenance items as assigned by the CAT team. Provides onsite software support as requested. Helps maintain, update, and deploy new software releases for our CAT customer.
- Developing and maintaining products for autonomous mining vehicles.
- Firmware development support for components used in remotely operated and autonomous vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, development, test and deploy CAT software under our CAT project.
- Complete list of agreed upon software updates and tasks as assigned
- Report progress of software activities to project leads
- Hardware and software diagnostics and debugging.
- Test and evaluation of mechanical, electrical, and software systems.
- Work with a small team of engineers across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required for this position and willingness and ability to pursue U.S. security clearance is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience including full stack development understanding full lifecycle development.
- Proficient in software configuration management and deployment practices.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with C++ in embedded Linux or bare metal systems and working knowledge of embedded software design and coding standards.
- Experience writing code for hardware and basic electronic theory
- Highly organized and detail oriented; self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Experience a plus in the following areas: Python; communication protocols including CAN, SPI, I2C, UART; C++ libraries: boost, or Qt; electronic test equipment; software development in Linux environment; and control theory and implementation of practical systems
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships, effectively create reports and relate data, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, develop, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Ability to maturely maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Position requires transportation to locations outside the main complex. Valid US Driver’s license with a safe driving record required. May travel occasionally to other states and an opportunity for an international trip. Ability to obtain a passport and appropriate documents are required.
- Requires continuous education and training with a passion for knowledge in the engineering and business fields of study to maintain the highest level of ingenuity and creative thinking.
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation