At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
The Testing Engineer will support real-world testing of our automated vehicles and provide feedback to the development team.
- Generate and execute test plans to uncover the limitations of our systems, collecting relevant data to drive improvements
- Design and deploy supplementary instrumentation and infrastructure required to capture data as defined by the test plans
- Perform analysis of test data, generating reports to communicate performance issues and capability improvements over time
- Maintain a verification and validation report showing current performance of the vehicle level system against system requirements
- Work closely with software component teams to generate quantifiable performance metrics and implement vehicle level tests for individual system components
- Provide regular reports to software component and system design teams, consolidating test event results and generating detailed defect reports with supporting logs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Desire to drive technology development and improvements by designing test plans with actionable outputs
- Experience using ROS is preferred
- Programming experience in C++ and Python are desired
- Proficient with Linux or Command Line Tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years Automotive Systems or similar test and validation experience
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Up to 25% travel is required, International travel is possible
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation