At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer highly skilled in implementing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure and applications. In this role you will be responsible for working closely with engineers to drive the technical road map of cloud-based solutions that support both internal development and remote fleet management.
- Create innovative cloud-based systems responsible for data acquisition and analysis from remote vehicles in the field.
- Assist in architecture and development of cloud-based solutions for all aspects of software build, test and deploy processes.
- Collaborate with teams specializing in perception, planning, control, mapping and vehicle testing to develop solutions that support their development efforts.
- Support the implementation of emerging cloud-based capabilities that can extend our technology stack and improve our ability to build, deploy and test safety-critical software for self-driving vehicles.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4 plus years of experience in cloud engineering
- Implementation of Linux IaaS in cloud and hybrid infrastructure at scale (AWS, Azure)
- Application development (Modern C++, Python, REST API)
- DevOps best-practices and CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible)
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Test automation principles and design
- Ability to maturely maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Requires continuous education and training with a passion for knowledge in the engineering and business fields of study to maintain the highest level of ingenuity and creative thinking.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills working with a team orientation and collaborative style
- Enterprise-level Identity Management solutions, networking and security preferred
- Enterprise storage solutions (Ceph, Scality, Cassandra, S3) preferred
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation