At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Software Engineer Co-Op to support the integration and deployment of autonomous software to vehicles operating all over the world. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers to drive the technical road map of infrastructure operations that supports both internal development and remote fleet management.
- Contributing to the design of innovative solutions for all aspects of software build, deploy and test processes.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop best practices for configuration and release management.
- Designing and implementing systems responsible for data acquisition and analysis from remote vehicles in the field.
- Proactively identifying more efficient solutions for integrating software with complex hardware components, through on-vehicle troubleshooting and log analysis.
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week during the duration of their co-op.
Must be willing to be based locally in Blacksburg, VA for duration of Co-Op.
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience
- Basic knowledge of Linux platforms
- Basic software development experience
- Familiarity with Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Interest in networking fundamentals and troubleshooting methods