At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
We’re looking for software engineering professionals with expert-level skills in developing software written in modern C++. As a developer, you will work closely with a passionate team of engineers to advance the development of high-quality safety-critical software for self-driving vehicles.
As a software engineer on the Infrastructure & Tools team you will:
- Design, build, test and maintain cross-platform C++ applications and libraries for self-driving vehicles.
- Collaborate with teams specializing in perception, planning, control, mapping and vehicle testing to develop libraries and applications that support their development efforts.
- Work on an agile development team in a fast-paced environment.
- Creating reliable applications and libraries that are deployed on-vehicle for managing tests and system notifications.
- Designing and implementing large-scale data analysis systems for logs collected from remote vehicles in the field.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop best practices for software development and quality assurance in compliance with existing standards.
- Proactively identifying improvements to applications related to vehicle testing, data processing and log analysis.
- Expert-level knowledge of Modern C++ 11/14
- CMake and static analysis tools
- Continuous integration/Continuous delivery concepts and tools
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Performance metrics and analysis
- Test automation principles and design
- Python development experience
- Database experience (PostgreSQL, Redis,)
- Containerization and virtualization (Docker, KVM, VirtualBox)
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef)
- Experience working with industrial coding standards such as MISRA, AUTOSAR, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in Industry or Graduate School
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation