At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
The Software Quality Manager will drive a lean quality management system (QMS) that outlines how our software is developed. This team member will collaborate closely with the leadership team ensuring the appropriate quality management processes are in place throughout the organization. The processes developed will support Lean-Agile continuous integration of new functionality onto our automated vehicles.
- Develop and manage a Lean QMS in consideration of A-SPICE, IATF 16949, and other relevant industry standards to build in quality and compliance to the products we develop
- Incrementally build and maintain the appropriate compliance processes and documentation, using a value-based viewpoint to prioritize efforts
- Integrate CI/CD and fail-fast principles and best practices into the QMS
- Guide and coach the software development teams in their adherence to the QMS, incorporating feedback to iterate and improve the QMS over time
- Select and qualify developer tools in accordance with ISO 26262 recommendations to minimize the risk of systematic faults in the developed product due to malfunctions of the software tools
- Conducting 1:1s, performance reviews, and team meetings
- Guiding the team to set, track, and achieve its goals efficiently
- Coordinating the quality management processes throughout the organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable of CMMI best practices
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team
- Strong communication skills in both written documentation and verbal presentation
- Open to occasional travel to remote test locations or partner facilities. Less than 15% travel expected
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ experience leading a Lean QMS for a software product
- Experience with A-SPICE, IATF 16949, or other similar quality management systems
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation