At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role
If you are looking to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and to make a positive impact in the world, now is the time join us in revolutionizing transportation. At Torc, our Application Engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. Our Application Engineers contribute directly to the development of our autonomous software by performing root cause analysis and working to provide solutions for the team. With a culture of internal mobility, there is opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines and a clear path to advancement.
- Responsible for creating test cases, executing appropriate tests, and analyzing the results and how they correlate to on road data
- Perform root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
- Create test plans and verification strategies to support ongoing feature development and bug fixes.
- Create test cases, execute the appropriate tests, and analyze the results and how they correlate to on road data.
- Validate and analyze autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
- Support implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
- Work with Safety team to develop evidence for public safety argument
- Identify test gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and test frameworks
- Interest in tracing physical system outputs up the software chain to the components and interactions responsible for the undesired behavior
- Proficient C++ programming skills
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience using Python for data analysis
- Understanding of basic probability and linear algebra
- General knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, math, physics, or other relevant course of study
- High level understanding of Bayes probability theory
- Understanding of Kalman filters, sensor fusion and dynamic state estimation
- Skilled in graph theory and search algorithms
- Familiarity with working in multiple coordinate frames
- Prior experience with software testing (unit, integration, regression, etc.)
- Foundation in physics, motion control and kinematics
- Interest in travel to support integration and testing of software - 20% travel
- Passion for building technology and understanding its potential impact on the world
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation