Toradex is a global company strongly focused on engineering & technology. We’re powered by a diverse & uniquely gifted workforce. We pursue the best people to propel our innovative vision of embedded computing. If you’re interested in being a driving force at an agile technology company, engineering clever computing solutions & helping other companies bring their products to life, we should talk.
In this role you will be providing senior technical leadership in IT Architecture, Design of Networks and Virtualization of our infrastructure. Together with the IT team you will ensure smooth day-to-day IT operations.
You will have the opportunity to learn a variety of tech while collaborating with our engineers and helping drive our innovative software ecosystem forward. Some of the technologies we work with include Linux, KVM, Proxmox, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, and more. Are you ready to for the challenge?
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and drive major IT infrastructure updates and data center projects.
- Manage evaluation of new IT tools and hardware and provide recommendations
- Manage Network Infrastructure om Horw Office, Co-ordinate with team for any network related issues
- Management of Storage – NetApp and Synology
- Co-ordinate with teams like R&D, DevOps/Automation for their infrastructure requirements
- Provide 1st Level and 2nd Level IT Support on a need basis, branch office computer hardware and peripherals
- Help diagnosing and solving hardware and software issues (2nd Level)
- Escalate and coordination issues/task with global IT team for resolving network, server, and data center related issues
Desired Candidate Profile
- A degree in a field of computer engineering is mandatory
- Avid learner & problem solver. Excited to tackle new challenges
- Systems thinker who values quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Eager to take on diverse responsibilities, comfortable multitasking
- High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
- Effective communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced Knowledge of IT concepts, including networking, and system administration.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies, Backup and Storage
- Strong knowledge of computer & IT hardware
- Strong Networking Knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other SMB networking concepts
- Experience with Linux & Kubernetes administration
- Experience with SMB HP/Cisco, Ubiquiti network equipment
- Experience in Cloud Technologies like Azure, AWS (desirable)
- Experience with scripting and programming (desirable)
- Knowledge of Active Directory management (account & device administration)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop 10/ Windows Server 201x
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office and Office 365
- Working in a dynamic and global successful company
- Flat organization
- A lot of freedom, also to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- Many technologies
- You can drive change & technologies
- Diversity in work
- Job enlargement to DevOps / Automation
- Cloud Strategy
- Grow with us (take ownership, success & failure, learn)
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few.
We provide effective & robust embedded computing solutions and strive for the best development experience in the industry with a focus on intelligent hardware design, innovative software solutions & free comprehensive support. Our relationship with our customers ensures that we all succeed and it allows us to participate in the realization of incredible new products. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.