Toolchain is building the next-gen software build system for growing teams: fast, stable, distributed, scalable and user-friendly. Our initial focus is on support for Python developers.
In this role, you'll be in charge of engaging with and growing our open-source user base and community, combining elements of marketing, evangelism and advocacy.
You work well in a diverse, distributed team; You build great working relationships with teammates; You give and receive feedback kindly, respectfully and graciously.
- You care about efficient, user-friendly software development tools.
- You have significant experience with:
- Creating developer marketing strategies.
- Evangelizing and driving adoption of open-source technologies.
- Engaging with open-source user communities.
- Gathering, prioritizing and communicating user needs, and following up with those users as needed.
- Acting as an internal advocate for users.
- You operate well with loose guidance, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You enjoy both strategic planning and tactical follow-through.
We believe that developer relations are the ongoing responsibility of every team member, from the CEO on down. Our engineers enjoy helping users and evangelizing our technology. So in this role you won't be flying solo, but rather working collaboratively with our entire team.
If you're passionate about improving the craft of software engineering then we want to hear from you!
Our team is based in San Francisco, Seattle, Tempe and Bozeman, and we welcome applicants anywhere in the USA. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and life experiences strongly encouraged to apply!