At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of million registered users and active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved more than 224 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 500,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Reporting to the Head of Independent Partners, you’ll be part of the Belgian sales management team to accomplish our ambitious mission. With the Head of Independent Partners and the sales management team, you will be in charge of developing the sales strategy in Belgium and lead the team to grow our community of partners fighting food waste.
Management & Sales
- Recruit, develop and build the team: Using your in-depth knowledge and experience of different sales methodologies, you will ensure your team members fulfil their potential. You constantly train, coach, mentor and support them for peak performance.
- Onboard and train new sales specialists. You’ll identify training/development needs on your team and work closely with our People & Culture team to offer the right skill development opportunities to your team.
- Create cohesion and strong communication in the team, while developing new initiatives to motivate and inspire.
- Develop and maintain high sales performance through constant training.
- Support people growth through coaching and side projects in their areas of expertise.
- Identify optimization in team members and set up coaching with them.
Structure & Strategy
- Set up sales funnels and manage KPI’s (volume of leads, opportunities conversion rate, new saving stores, sale cycle and call performance) through data analysis and action plans built with the team.
- Propose an action plan based on analysis to optimize team performance (people tools & processes).
- Work together with the Head of Independent Partners and a fellow Sales Team Lead to develop a strong and consistent outbound sales strategy.
- Collaborate with global functions to identify best practices from other countries and implement them in Belgium.
- Work closely with the Global Teams to develop efficient tools.
- Anticipate future opportunities and ambitions, and always raise the bar, for yourself, the team and the business.
- You have experience working and leading in sales. This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead the Too Good To Go’s sales team.
- You love to do sales and to coach people in the field. You will be required to regularly accompany your team in the field
- You have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team.
- You are perfectly fluent in Dutch and English, French is a strong plus
- You have developed or supported to set up a sales strategy, ideally in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- You are data-oriented and work with KPIs to guide actions and keep track of team performance.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool, Salesforce a major plus.
- You are a first-class communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are highly empathetic yet able to challenge your team when needed
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- We win together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Food Heroes with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this really long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible ways of working, great and sustainable benefits with medical & travel coverages and a flexible income plan, genuinely great co-workers who want to see Too Good To Go and each other succeed, we also focus on your personal & professional growth a lot, a scale up vibe with an established company mission part of the B-Corp family, but most importantly, you’ll have the chance to do something that really matters - every day!
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.