At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 74 million registered users and 135,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 198 million meals from going to waste - saving almost 500,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We are looking for an exceptional Country Director of Portugal to join our company and lead the market. You will be part of the Leadership team for Southern Europe (France, Italy, Portugal and Spain), working alongside other Country Directors.
You will be leading a team of +20 people with direct management of our local commercial teams, and People & Culture (HR) functions. Reporting into the VP of Southern Europe, you will be ideally based in Lisbon where our offices are located.
You will drive the market strategy for Portugal and run the daily operations. Being an ambitious social impact company, this is about taking our business to the next level, including building a winning team, partnering with both national key accounts and thousands of independent stores 🚀
- As a Country Director you have the responsibility of building an ambitious plan to scale Too Good To Go and executing it with excellence in your country.
- To scale the business, you will:
- Identify growth opportunities in the market.
- Build structures and put the best talent in place, bring ideas and tools from the outside, develop and create your own while reapplying some from other countries.
- You will be the public face of Too Good To Go in the market, making sure our fight against food waste is well known locally.
- Beyond scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to influence the overall ecosystem.
- You will be leading, supporting and challenging your local management team, inspiring people to bring their best.
- You will be the point of contact in your country and collaborate with the Cluster South Leadership Team and Global Teams to grow the movement around the world.
- You will have P&L responsibility for your market.
- Leadership experience:
- You have solid experience being a manager of managers.
- You are a high-growth leader. Skills: agile, highly communicative and obsessed with finding the right people and putting them in the right roles to shine.
- Relevant experience in leading high-growth organisations, preferably a digital marketplace.
- You know how to recruit the best talent, develop top talent and manage underperforming teammates.
- You have a strategic mindset:
- You have a plan and allocate resources accordingly.
- You can prioritise tasks efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- You analyse your results and learn from success and failure.
- You communicate your strategy with clarity to stakeholders in a compelling way.
- You have experience in a digital marketplace environment and understand its dynamics.
- Using data to make better decisions in a fairly complex environment comes natural to you.
- Full professional proficiency in Portuguese and English is a must.
- Excellent Communication & Negotiation skills is a must (you will need them to lead conversations with main Key Accounts and to coach/support your Sales & Account Management team).
- Direct experience working with Key Accounts is a strong plus.
- Experience or a network in the food industry and/or in the social impact industry is a plus.
- You like operational challenges: looking for continuous improvement and optimization keeps you motivated.
- People describe you as energetic, efficient and result-oriented.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.