At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis.
We are on a mission to change that - are you with us?
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 70 Million users, and more than 191 million meals saved.
Your primary mission is to work collaboratively within key accounts and other teams in the company to win new key accounts, by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. Some of them might be small but have large quantities of surplus that needs shifting whilst others might provide a steadier source of supply. You will work in our Milan office and report to our Key Account Lead.
Your primary responsibility is to strengthen and build our relationships with important existing key accounts in Milan, Italy. You will work with their stakeholders, building trust and rapport with them, while looking for opportunities to expand our commercial partnership, maximise our presence in their estate, and get their business more involved in the food waste movement. Reporting to the Key Account Team Lead, you will work closely with colleagues in our Partner Success team to ensure the successful onboarding of new stores and delivery of training to staff, and collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, as well as colleagues across marketing and independent sales.
The role will include:
- Acquisition of new Key Accounts: using sales and negotiation skills to acquire net new Key Accounts
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains, ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow and optimise your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Pitching: When necessary create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively keep in touch with stakeholders and decision-makers within your accounts
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Movement: working with Marketing to embed the Movement into our partnerships
What we look for
- You are based in Milan, Italy
- Business Development experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders.
- You have previous experience from a Bakery, Supermarket or food producer/FMCG, e.g. as a category- or key account manager, and a good awareness of profit and loss within the industry.
- You possess great negotiation skills with the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches thanks to your excellent commercial acumen.
- You are used to working with data to extract relevant information and identify and resolve issues logically. Great Excel skills and a love for numbers are a plus.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English
- You are passionate about fighting food waste along the value chain.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in a thriving, high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
We aim to get back to all candidates within a few weeks of receiving applications. Successful applicants will be contacted by a member of our Talent Acquisition team to set up a screening video interview.
We look forward to reading your application!
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.