We are looking for a dedicated Business Developer with a passion for tackling food waste, and who is above all a hunter, available to travel around Turin. You will report to the Area Manager, but will also have a high degree of independence. As a Business Developer, you're hungry to get out there, build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up restaurants, cafés, bars, bakeries and local food retailers.
- Research the market in Turin to find interesting prospects, identify stakeholders/decision-makers and generate interest about Too Good To Go.
- Proactively call potential stores and build relationships: You'll need to find, access and onboard the right stores via email and phone and visits. You will spend +70% of your time contacting restaurant owners and discovering new partners. You will also travel around your region and establish strong relationships.
- You will introduce new partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them on how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste.
- You will work with weekly and monthly targets and KPIs.
- You will work closely with other departments, like Marketing and Success, to maximize results.
- You have some experience in sales, including cold acquisition.
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable when you approach people via email, phone and face-to-face.
- You are fluent in Italian and you have well understanding of spoken and written english.
- You are located in Turin city or district.
- You have a genuine passion for the mission.
- You are positive, proactive, creative and resourceful.
- Experience working in an international environment or in the sustainability field is a plus.
- Previous experience in the food sector is a valuable plus.
- Willingness to travel is essential.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in working as #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1250+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- Basically... A mission more than a job!
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go. You can also apply in Italian.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.