At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to reduce food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We are a social impact company and through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value.
But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We are growing fast, with our community 193 million users in 17 countries. Together, we have saved more than 200 million meals from going to waste since we started - but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
We’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Business Development Representative for our Independent Partners team to join us in our South West Region, and help grow our impact across the South West, The Midlands, and Wales.
Please note that this role c
You're hungry to build connections and grow our community by signing up restaurants, cafes, convenience stores, bakeries, takeaways and any other independent food retailers. You’re the first contact person of the store and will be doing a lot of cold acquisition, primarily on the phone, email and in person visits. You will introduce potential partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste. You will work with the team to research the market to find interesting prospects, identify decision-makers and generate interest in Too Good To Go.
What we need:
- Confident relationship builders who can quickly connect and empathise with potential partners (restaurants, convenience stores, bakeries and more)
- Experienced cold-callers - we are heavily reliant on making outreach over the phone so you need be to used to high volumes of calls
- Excellent listeners and communicators who know how to ask the right questions to identify a prospects needs while also presenting our proposition with clarity and passion
- Proactive business development, calling and visiting new prospects, with the tenacity to succeed even when things get a little tough
- Team players, who embrace the overall purpose of Too Good To Go and are ready to embody our values to be passionate, growth-minded, resourceful and creative
- Independent executors, who can prioritise workload while communicating clearly and openly with their manager
- Consistent and impact-focused performance that hits individual and company targets
- Willingness to travel to build Too Good To Go’s presence across the region
What you should have:
- Experience in a sales or business development role, specifically outbound sales where you have pitched and closed opportunities over the phone and in person
- Experience cold-calling, demonstrating the resilience and motivation to achieve high call volumes
- Experience managing your own sales pipeline and prioritising data based on insights
- A genuine passion for the mission
- High energy and self-motivation
- First class communication skills - from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- A competitive salary with opportunity for performance-related bonuses
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.