At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
We can all do our part in fighting food waste and do our bit to tackle climate change by reducing the amount of food wasted. Did you know, more than one-third of all food produced gets thrown away? This unnecessary food waste equates to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions!
Too Good To Go is a food waste-fighting app and a certified B Corporation. We connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. We save two meals every second, all thanks to our 2+ million daily users. We have over 68 million registered app users in 17 locations across Europe, the US and North America. Together, we have saved more than 183 million meals from going to waste. We are super proud of this, but there is still lots more that we want to achieve.
We are looking for a Software Developer - Frontend, to be a part of our Product Teams that define, build and deliver our product features. As a Team Member in a product team, you will work towards specific outcomes with the freedom and responsibility to figure out the best way to achieve them together with the other Engineers and other Product Team members.
Your mission will be to help refine, design, implement, deliver and maintain various product features.
Your task will be to develop, build and deliver an international top-class product, ensuring quality, maintainability, and sustainability. Supported by more experienced colleagues who will guide, train and encourage you to push limits, and improve.
The Tech Stack
We have created a single-page React application localised into multiple languages with TypeScript, RTK Query, MUI and react-router. Developers typically run the SPA locally with Vite or Webpack DevServer (including hot module replacement) against endpoints on test servers.
- Develop a responsive user-facing web application and MyStore, which is our partner portal to help our partners fight food waste by uploading magic bags to be purchased by our app users.
- Responsibility for implementing the visual elements that users see and interact with, within a web application
- Actively participate in your team’s agile development processes with a continuous improvement mindset to deliver international top-class products with maximum quality, maintainability and scalability.
- Take on additional tasks outside your current boundaries with help from your team to continue to grow and expand your skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in frontend development
- Proven success in creating responsive/mobile user interfaces, with strong visual communication.
- Understanding of React.js, its core principles and workflows (Flux & Redux)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Enjoys actively participating in a cross-functional product team.
- Takes pride in writing quality code.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be a part of one of the Nordics’ most promising scale-ups, with HQ in Copenhagen.
- An autonomous environment, with several opportunities to contribute, build on experience and take ownership of your work in a way that works for you.
- A team of international co-workers, all on a global mission to reduce food waste.
- Opportunity to influence our product, design and ways of working, every day.
- Informal atmosphere.
- Develop and maintain our Internal and Partner Web Apps which are used every day, to help save surplus food from restaurants and stores working towards our Vision of a Planet with no Food Waste.
- Robust Developer Tooling and CI/CD support.
Now that we have caught your attention, it is time for you to catch ours. Please make sure to include your English resume and a simple 1-page cover letter telling us why you are the right fit for us. All applications are continuously evaluated.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
How To Apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.