First, let us briefly introduce ourselves to you. We are Too Good To Go, a certified and proud B-corp with a clear mission: to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste 🌍. We were founded in Denmark in 2015 and currently operate in 17 countries. In 2018 Too Good To Go started in Belgium where we have grown rapidly together with our users and partners to a team of over 40 aspiring Waste Warriors.
📲 You probably know us from our app, through which we offer leftover food and products from supermarkets, restaurants, suppliers, cafés, bakeries, hotels and specialty stores, among others, to users of our app. In this way, we have already saved about 10 million meals in Belgium and over 176 million* meals from waste worldwide - and that's just the beginning! Because we look beyond the app, whether to households, schools, businesses and entrepreneurs or politicians: we want to inspire and empower everyone to take action together!
We are proud of what we have achieved so far, but have we mentioned that the problem is huge? That's why we are looking for an intern to support our sales team and to combat climate change & help us make our mission a reality.
*This equals 86,614 flights around the world in saved CO2 emissions. Now that's making an impact!
As our Sales Intern, you’ll identify potential partners and connect with the best food businesses (restaurants, cafés, bakeries and many more). You will convince new potential partners to join the food waste movement. Under the wing of our business developers, you will either jump on your bike or on the train, go “Into the Wild” in the regions of Brussels, Leuven & Limburg, or help identify & qualify good potential leads from our awesome office in Ghent (which is just a 10-minute walk from the Sint-Pieters station) and help us onboard new partners on the phone.
You’ll represent and learn how to pitch Too Good To Go with clarity and passion, and show the food business owners you encounter how Too Good To Go is a win-win-win solution. You will learn how to train the partners you’ve brought on board and make sure they become top ambassadors of the food waste movement!
Above all, you’re hungry to get out there, build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors!
Why you are the Food Waste Warrior we’re looking for:
At Too Good To Go you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, or what path you’re on, diversity is a strength! Too Good To Go is dedicated to inclusivity & equal employment opportunities and is an affirmative action employer!
We encourage you to bring us your unique skills, passion, perspectives and background to help us with the fight against food waste.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. You speak other languages too, well that’s always a plus!
- You’re looking for an internship of minimum 4 months starting in January 2023. But you’re also welcome to stay longer.
- You have a strong interest in learning and developing everything there is to know about sales.
- Perseverance is your middle name: You jump on the opportunity to go knock on doors and pay a visit to potential new partners.
- You have zero fear of the phone and have the tenacity to keep trying when things get tough
- You represent our movement with passion and can’t wait to get out there to make an impact every day!
- You won the high school science fair and invented a self-cleaning raclette machine. Just kidding. But you are the right amount of crazy, and you enjoy sharing your quirkiness & talents with your coworkers.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
If you still need more convincing…
- This is an amazing and rare opportunity to work in a company where you get to wake up everyday knowing you’re ACTUALLY making a positive impact on the world!
- We inspire everyone to reach for the skies and be the best version of yourself by giving you the right balance of freedom and structure, and make sure to bring in a good deal of fun.
- A place where we celebrate & play, as hard as we work!
We know what you’re thinking… “How can I send in my application?”
- Apply in English with your CV and a cover letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer! Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform.
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.