At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 60 million users in 17 countries saving more than 151 million meals from going to waste - we think this is incredible, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for a Consumer Marketing Lead to join our UK team.
Lead the UK Consumer Marketing strategy and team to build brand awareness, drive consumer demand, and strengthen consumer loyalty and advocacy. You’ll play a pivotal role in interpreting insights to design marketing and communications strategies that optimise the customer lifecycle by achieving cut-through, changing behaviours, and building even stronger connections with new and existing customers.
Reporting to the UK Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for all brand and consumer activities and manage a Content Specialist and Creative Designer. Your Consumer Marketing team will own the consumer funnel in the UK, deliver effective user acquisition campaigns, and bring our brand to life through engaging and inspiring content and collateral. You will collaborate closely with the B2B Marketing and PR teams, and numerous colleagues across our Global Marketing function in 16 other Too Good To Go countries.
A little more detail on what you’ll do:
- Drive consumer demand (New Registered Users, Active Users) and brand awareness (Aided and Unaided) through 360 marketing campaigns
- Manage the budget to optimise spend
- Manage the Consumer Marketing team in a way that makes for an enriching environment, and helps members reach their full potential
- Strategising, writing, briefing and editing CRM activity: email and push
- Managing the UK website and blog
- Strategising and managing the social media calendar (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter)
- Deliver effective paid user acquisition campaigns
- Manage workflow and delivery across always-on marketing programmes
- Ensuring cohesion across consumer marketing verticals, and coordinating between teams to achieve common business goals
- Strong experience in relevant marketing roles, with a track record of designing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that generate results
- Solid experience in line management
- Hands-on experience forecasting and managing budgets
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to analyse insights and use them to optimise marketing strategy
- Fantastic copywriting skills
- Content marketing and customer communications strategy experience
- Excellent understanding of performance marketing and sales activation mechanics
- Eye for design, and ability to be hands-on in Adobe when needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of various marketing platforms and channels, and how to wield them: social media, PR, digital advertising, CRM
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corp!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,300 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.