At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 56.9 million users in 17 countries saving more than 136 million meals from going to waste, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Head of People & Culture to join our UK Team.
As Head of People & Culture you will be a key leader and business partner to the UK Country Manager and Management Team. You and your P&C team are tasked with delivering a workplace that is true to our culture and values, attracts and retains talent, and where our people are motivated and empowered to work at their full potential.
Reporting to the UK Country Manager, you will manage the local People & Culture team and be a valued and integral member of the UK Management team. You are tasked with developing and implementing a people strategy that delivers on our ambitious performance, engagement and retention goals. You will partner with Global People & Culture colleagues to execute initiatives and processes in Learning & Development, People Operations and Talent Acquisition.
- Partner with the Country Manager and local Management team to provide a People perspective on strategy and performance, collaborating with them on projects to help their functions and teams scale, improve performance and increase efficiency
- Manage the People & Culture Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Specialist and Office Manager, taking responsibility for their performance, development, engagement and well-being
- Be an accessible and collaborative partner and coach to all managers in the UK business, helping them better understand the people in their charge and how to maximise their potential and growth
- Deliver a local Diversity, Equity & Inclusion plan that complements the Global strategy
- Plan structural & organisational changes with Country Manager and Heads of departments and forecast operational budgets & people costs
- Work with colleagues in People Operations and Legal to ensure our contracts are fit for purpose, and our policies and processes are fair and communicated clearly
- Strong experience in a relevant role - we are open-minded about where you might have worked before. Perhaps you’re an HR Business Partner at a global organisation or you’re a People leader at a smaller organisation. What’s important is that our mission and values excite you and that you’re a strong people partner.
- Excellent HR Business Partner skills, with good commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership, with the ability to inspire, motivate and support.
- Emotional intelligence and a deep care for people and their well-being
- Line management experience, with a passion for people development.
- A robust knowledge of UK employment law and employee relations expertise
- Experience managing a full cycle recruitment process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus: CIPD qualifications, experience in a scale up and/or multinational experience
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,400 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working, with two days a week in our vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.