More than one third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 150+ million meals saved across 17 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for an exceptional Strategy Manager to join the Global superstar team at Too Good To Go in Copenhagen.
Group Strategy is a new function established to support our Global Functions and our Local Country organisations in setting direction for growth, identifying new market opportunities and developing strategic capabilities. This is a close team working side by side on two distinct strategy areas: Corporate Strategy and New Growth.
The role reports to one of our Strategy Directors in the team and works closely with Global Operations, Marketing, Product, and Local Country organisations. A significant portion of key focus areas for the role aim to support the Global Management Team and Global Functions on key strategic decision-making.
Global Strategic Direction
- Support the Strategy Director with the development of our Corporate Strategy and Must-Win-Battles, and their execution across the company
- Support with the development of recommendations for TGTG’s global footprint, product mix and customer segments for the Global Management Team and Board
Competitor and market trend analysis
- Lead competitor and market trend analysis to support the identification of potential new growth opportunities outside our current business areas
- Develop recommendations for new exploration areas and support Global Functions and the Acceleration team (corporate innovation) with translating new ideas into executable products and services
- Support the Global Management Team with targeted research tasks into competition, adjacent services and market opportunities as relevant
- Work closely together with our Expansion team to evaluate potential new markets for expansion
Strategic support for Global Functions
- Work closely together with Global Functions to ensure consistent execution of strategic direction on a Global and Local level
- Support prioritisation processes and cross-Functional alignment on execution
- Experience working in strategy consulting or an internal strategy/business development function at a consultant or manager level
- Demonstrated ability to work and gain buy-in across all stakeholder levels
- Humbleness and confidence in presenting to senior level executives
- A doer’s mentality and proactive attitude to finding solutions for most complex challenges and situations
- A track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- A balance of IQ and EQ – and courage to use both in a professional setting
- Strong drive, sense of ownership and pride in delivering outstanding quality day-in-day-out
- Inspiring, engaging and motivating communication skills – in-person and online
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team player, with the ability to motivate exceptional performance in others
- Passion for Too Good To Go’s mission
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.