At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of over 51 million users has saved more than 114 million meals from going to waste across 17 countries - but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, more than one-third of all food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team - and that is where you come in! We’re looking for a PR Specialist to join our team of superstars at Too Good To Go in Zürich.
Sounds like your kind of mission, but what will it entail?
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go Switzerland by using your passion and experience in PR to spread our brand across Switzerland.
As our PR Specialist you will:
- Develop media relations strategy
- Proactively seek for high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Proactively plan & coordinate press releases: content, distribution, follow-ups
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests on a daily basis
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Plan & exchange strategies and ideas with the global PR team of 17 countries
- Coordinate PR activities for the French speaking part of Switzerland with a PR Specialist in Romandie
- Create and coordinate content for public or corporate events such as conferences or keynote presentations
- Plan & coordinate B2C and B2B events with the support of the campaign lead
- Handle award applications and provide marketing material for events
- Seek out networking opportunities at all levels
- Research & evaluate opportunities for Too Good To Go to be present and participate in relevant events & awards in Switzerland
Are you the Waste Warrior we’re looking for?
- You are truly passionate about food waste and sustainability is a must
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done, with a developed sense of initiative
- You have a super strong drive. We repeat: super strong drive
- You are 100% target oriented and resourceful, with a positive, flexible mindset
- You are full business proficient in German (C2) with a strong command of the national dialect Swiss German and English; French is a big plus
- You are able to prioritise and focus on the big picture while staying very details-oriented
- You have a proven record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns. Highly valued: strong network of contacts in the media, press and public affairs
- You have brilliant communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to translate ideas into PR activities
- You have a willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing fast-growing environment
- You have previous experience in event management
If you still need more convincing…
- You will join a team of passionate and driven individuals that create a team that is dynamic and original
- You will have the chance and opportunity to be a pioneer in a fast growing international scale-up with a very real environmental and social impact.
- Next to cultivating an awesome team culture, we will invest in your personal and professional growth by giving you the chance to work with a diverse mix of talented people and participate in different coaching sessions and workshops.
- We will inspire you to raise the bar and be the best version of yourself by giving you the right balance of freedom and structure, and make sure to bring in a good deal of fun.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
Apply in English with your CV and a motivation letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Job Reference: #LI-PG1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.