More than one third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 94 million meals saved across 17 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We are looking for a key player to lead our global communications division. This includes Internal Comms, PR, Consumer communications and Business communications.
This role requires direct management of a team of 8 internal specialists located in Copenhagen, Paris and London, plus supervising and supporting 17 local communications teams around the world.
The candidate will report to the Global CMO and we will be closely working with our brand team and the rest of the global functions in Europe and in North America. The candidate will be responsible for the correct development of the marketing communication actions and strategies, together with the local Heads of Marketing.
The candidate can be based in Copenhagen, Madrid, London or Paris.
Communications Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Lead effectively the global communication strategy of Too Good To Go, and foresee the right development of the communication principles and actions around the organisation.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Too Good To Go leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organisation. Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Serve as communications counsellor to Too Good To Go leadership.
- Oversee development of all Too Good To Go communications actions including marketing collateral materials and electronic communications, including Too Good To Go's website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization.
- Secure the development and correct implementation of our PR guidelines, consumer communications best practices and business communications.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Lead the crisis management communications team.
- Recruit and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Substantial experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Experience on Tech or corporate communication is a strong plus
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Too Good To Go's Board of Directors and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for Too Good To Go's mission
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.