At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced in the US.
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 45 Million users, and more than 94 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our US journey…
We’re looking for an exceptional Enterprise Sales Lead - Retail and Grocery to join the US superstar team at Too Good To Go..
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go US by using your experience in the supermarket or convenience sector to acquire and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverage industry, focusing specifically on supermarkets, convenience stores, gas station food courts, suppliers and manufacturers. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. Reporting to the Head of Key Accounts you will be responsible for the Retail (Grocery) sector and support a team of Key Account Enterprise Sellers.
The Enterprise Sales Lead - Retail and Grocery role will include:
- Team Leadership: Managing a team of retail and grocery sellers to help them open doors, improve pitching, account strategy development, as well as professional and skill development.
- Process Improvement: Work closely with the Head of Key Accounts to identify bottlenecks and constraints in you and your team’s workflow and develop improvement to streamline efficiency.
- Pipeline Management: Build and maintain a healthy pipeline for you and your team with a mix of accounts of different sizes and profiles to hit quarterly and annual targets.
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Relationship Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the US Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Key Account Management/Business Development experience - commercial experience working in the supermarket, convenience store or grocery sector. The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of US retail in this sector.
- Strong network in the supermarket, grocery store, convenience stores and discount food stores at a national level.
- Experience leading a Sales team in a scale-up or fast-growth business.
- Understanding of grocery operations and ideally experience selling in operations focused solutions.
- Communication skills: strong presentation skills, ability to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organization, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Organizational skills: high attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Negotiation skills: ability to lead complex negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- Ability to work closely with our marketing team to create innovative, attractive propositions to add value to business opportunities.
- You are a fast learner and can handle working in a busy environment handling multiple tasks.
- You are independent, efficient and able to schedule your own time, while also being approachable and enjoy working with others in a growing team.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The opportunity to create a market in the US that changes the way people and businesses think about waste. Each milestone you achieve is a step towards solving a massive global problem
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment, and the opportunity to help shape strategy and process.
- A transparent and trustworthy company culture where you have the independence to unleash your creativity.
- An authentic, fun, and supportive team that celebrates success together.
- 100% Employer paid health coverage options for employee (includes medical EPO plan, dental, and vision)
- 50% Employer paid health coverage options for your family
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- Generous Vacation Package of 20 days + 9 paid company holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
How to apply
- We are passionate about recruitment and grateful for your interest! Please carefully read everything written above and check out our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your Resume and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. Resumes and/or Cover Letters will not be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- The application process consists of a one-way video-screening, a short video call with Talent Acquisition, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, a take-home task and conversations with the team.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.