About Tomorrow Health
At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
As a data-driven company, we rely on data to make decisions and power our processes and systems every day. We are currently looking for a data scientist who will lead the effort to organize data and deliver insights and models to improve our processes and systems. As the first data scientist for the company, you will lead the way in not just mining, interpreting and cleaning our data, but also use your creativity to ask insightful questions, connect the dots and uncover opportunities that lie within. You will join a world-class team of analysts, business operations leaders and engineers where you will be able to drive efficiencies and create new visions. You will work cross-functionally with leaders from the entire company to drive both technical and business strategy. This role will begin as an individual contributor role, but can grow into managing a small team as the company grows.
What you’ll do:
- You will work on creating insights and optimization on processes on routing, cost and benefit based rules that will help in improving quality of care while reducing costs
- You will partner closely with business development and operations on scaling the analysis and operations work being done by identifying feedback looks and systems/models needed to automate processes.
- You will work with our data engineering team and technical teams to develop a strategy and roadmap for collecting, reporting, analyzing and using data.
- You will champion and evangelize the use of data across the organization and enable others to understand and use data effectively.
About You - We’re looking for someone who:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience as a data scientist or analyst.
- At Least a Bachelor's degree in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science or related discipline.
- Proficiency in data mining and statistical analysis. More points for health care data and analysis experience.
- You have experience in building pattern recognition and predictive modeling algorithms.
- You have experience with SQL, charting tools like Tableau and at least one programming language (Python/R/Java)
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment with a dynamic group with several concurrent projects
- You are a proactive technical leader with experience owning roadmaps and directing your own work and your team’s work.
- You are a clear communicator who instinctively reduces ambiguity and promotes transparency with team members.
- You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career
- You strive for excellence and knows that there is always room to do better
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process, we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who will thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big