About Tomorrow Health
At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the team
Tomorrow Health’s People team is responsible for recruiting, developing and retaining the team who unlock our ability to achieve our goals. Made up of Talent Acquisition, People Operations and Talent Development, the People team partners with leadership and managers across the business to ensure we have the right resources to scale and fulfill our mission. They are responsible for identifying exceptionally talented people, connecting them to the right opportunities and setting them up for success through onboarding and performance management.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Director of Talent who will be the driving force behind building our team. This person will design, build and manage a Talent team that is able to recruit the team members that will reshape the way home healthcare works. This person will develop strategies and implement processes that allow us to identify exceptional people who are aligned with our mission and have the talents needed to help us succeed. They’ll work across product, engineering, operations, marketing & more to scale our teams and enable us to unlock continual stages of growth & impact. Some examples of work you will take on over the next six months:
- You will develop a strong talent acquisition function, including but not limited to standardized job specifications, capacity planning, candidate assessment, recruiting strategy and any systems/tools that allow us to hire great people efficiently, and meet our goals.
- You will recruit top talent to build our team (30-50 hires) in partnership with hiring managers across the organization by end of 2021
- You will build a strong and differentiated employer brand (establishing TH as premier innovative, engaging and mission-driven place to work) that allows us to attract the right talent across all of our different functions and locations, including tech, ops, and front line workers
- You will lead the definition and implementation of our DEI recruiting strategy in partnership with leadership to ensure we are building a diverse and equitable organization and expanding our reach to underrepresented talent.
- You will build a foundation for tracking and reporting on these efforts through data/quantitative metrics that can be shared with the team internally.
- You will define clear success metrics for recruiting and hiring that allow us to measure our effectiveness. This would include everything from speed, to quality of hire, to candidate experience, and process optimization.
- You will be a thought partner to founders, team leaders, and hiring managers across the org to ensure we’re thoughtfully and intentionally scaling the business, with capacity and culture always top of mind
- You have built a high growth start up and know what obstacles we may run into along the way
- You have experience designing and implementing structured interview processes to allow us to minimize bias and make stronger hiring decisions
- You are an an impeccable storyteller who knows how to leverage that ability to reach candidates who will be excited about our opportunity
- You have a track record of partnering with hiring managers of all levels to develop detailed and compelling job specifications
- You have built and managed a high impact recruiting team, one that has helped a business scale and hit ambitious hiring targets and business goals
- You understand and value the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in a business, and have a track record of developing and implementing strategies with impactful results from DEI programming
- You are a talent magnet - someone with an established network of exceptional talent and the capacity to continue to build that network in our space.
- You believe that there is a better future of healthcare and understands the opportunity we have to improve it
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career
- You strive for operational excellence and know that there is always room to do better
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process, we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who will thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big