About Tomorrow Health
At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the team
Tomorrow Health’s Engineering Team is building the features and systems that enable a faster, simpler, more transparent process for patients and other healthcare partners. The Engineering Team partners with the Product and Operations Teams to ensure patients and caregivers receive the best possible experience as they navigate the DME landscape.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will lead the execution, planning, and release of high-impact engineering projects. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this person will deliver, debug, and review code across our entire stack, focusing heavily on developing technical strategy and roadmaps for our applications. Some examples of work you will take on over the next six months:
- You will build features and systems that enable our Operations team to ensure the most efficient handoffs between patient, provider, insurer, and supplier.
- You will develop technical strategy and roadmaps for our applications end-to-end, working on a wide range of systems, processes and tools.
- You will partner closely with other team members as a technical owner of business goals.
- You will deliver, debug, and review code across our entire stack.
- You will lead the execution, planning, and release of multiple high-impact engineering projects at once.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a high impact product.
- You are a passionate builder and strategist who enjoys defining and scaling systems from zero upwards.
- You have a deep knowledge of many high-level programming languages and related frameworks (We mostly use Django and Python, but seek overall skill vs specific expertise).
- You have experience building scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on major cloud primitives
- You are a proactive technical leader with experience owning roadmaps and directing your own work.
- You are a clear communicator who instinctively reduces ambiguity and promotes transparency with team members.
- You set the bar high, and improve the work of those around you through mentorship and feedback.
- You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout their career
- You strive for operational excellence and knows that there is always room to do better
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process, we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who will thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big