At Tomorrow Health, we enable exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. By partnering with physicians, insurers and home-based care providers, we elevate the patient experience and improve the quality and reliability of care that patients receive. Combining technology, operations and personalized service, Tomorrow Health is reimagining the future of healthcare at home.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Operations to build and lead key areas of our organization into the future. This person will report into the Co-Founder and CEO, overseeing all operations for our fast-growing, tech-enabled business. They'll play a key role in delivering a high-quality, consistent experience to our customers.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for building and scaling the systems, teams and processes that enable a faster, simpler, more transparent process for patients and other healthcare partners. They'll work as a partner to other functional leaders and teams to ensure the company’s goals and objectives are achieved. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to roll up their sleeves, is comfortable multi-tasking, and enjoys the challenge of utilizing a broad range of skills in a fast-paced, agile, and rapidly growing environment.
Specifically, this leader will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a key thought partner to the CEO, establishing best-in-class practices for the company as a whole
- Build, lead and optimize the operating model across Patient Operations, Insurance Operations, Supply Chain and Marketplace Operations as Tomorrow Health begins to scale.
- Provide a transformative and best-in-class patient and physician experience through effective service operations
- Orchestrate complex administrative workflows involving multiple external parties and systems (e.g. claims management workflows)
- Oversee management of go-to-market operations involving on the ground and in-person services
- Manage and expand a nation-wide supply-chain and logistics infrastructure with last mile capabilities to enable a market-leading level of reliability for patient orders
- Design, build and lead a multi-functional operations organization. This person will be the carrier of a culture of excellence within our operations org, helping their teams reach their potential to be able to deliver on our promise to customers.
- Lead and reinforce quality standards across all aspects of operations.
- Enable real-time KPI transparency and management with a strong emphasis on input metrics that drive results through deep ownership at all levels of the organization. Add data fluency throughout the entire operations organization
- Build and reward a culture of continuous improvement across the company. Implement structured problem solving / critical thinking methodologies such as Lean/Six Sigma to engage all operations disciplines in improving the customer experience
- Understand customer lifecycle management and the “how” to build a strong customer / patient service culture across the enterprise
- Establish a robust supply chain model, including: procurement, logistics and fulfillment
- 15+ years in a comparable leadership role within an operationally complex, venture-backed, high-growth environment that has attained significant scale. Proven track record of operational success with green or brownfield start-up organizations.
- Experience partnering closely with a CEO/Founder through phases of YOY growth rates of 100%+
- Track record of strategic and cross-functional management and successful oversight of complex operations in a market-leading operating culture emphasizing a high standard of execution
- Proven leader with a track record of hiring, developing and growing people within their organizations.
- Experience recruiting and hiring high-performing teams. You have a strong eye for talent and a focus on helping people grow & develop to reach their potential.
- An analytical and metric/data-driven style – you leverage quantitative and analytical skills in collaborating with technology teams and quickly moving forward with most (not all) of the information available
- Entrepreneurial attitude with player-coach mindset – understand what needs to be built but has the hands-on attitude to help build along the way mindful of short-term and long-term implications
Experience in the following is not required but would be considered a plus:
- Lean and or six sigma continuous improvement methodologies
- Leading an e-commerce business that involves delivery of a physical product
- Leading a business that provides in-person professional services
- Managing call center operations with 50+ employees
- Directly managing in-house distribution centers and 3PLs
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who would thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big