About Tomorrow Health
At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the team
Tomorrow Health’s People team is responsible for recruiting, developing and retaining the team who unlock our ability to achieve our goals. The People team consists of recruiting, People Operations and Talent Development, the People team partners with leadership and managers across the business to ensure we have the right resources to scale and fulfill our mission. They are responsible for identifying exceptionally talented people, connecting them to the right opportunities and setting them up for success through on-boarding and performance management.
About the role
We are currently looking for a People Team Leader who will be the driving force behind building our team and unlocking their potential. Reporting to the Founder/CEO, this person will design, build and manage a multi-disciplinary People team, focusing heavily on ensuring we have the right infrastructure and resources in place to achieve our goals. Some examples of work you will take on over the next 6-12 months:
- You’ll build out the people operations foundation to ensure that all of our employees (exempt and non exempt) are set up for peak performance and success through internal compensation and leveling exercised for the business, instituting a performance management cadence, building and teaching manager training, etc.
- In partnership with our co-founders and leadership team, they will develop a hiring roadmap that allows us to scale our team to ensure we achieve our goals.
- You will develop recruiting strategies and programs that help us reach exceptionally talented people who align with our mission and will thrive in our culture.
- You will integrate our company values into every aspect of the employee lifecycle, from employer branding, to hiring, to onboarding and development of team members.
- You will develop a compensation and total rewards framework that ensures we are able to attract, recognize and retain a world-class team.
- You will spearhead our DEI efforts and design programs that allow for us to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
- You will recruit and hire an exceptional team of people operations and talent pros that will develop creative and innovative strategies to help our people unleash their potential.
- You will be a thought partner to the entire leadership team as it relates to organizational design, talent development, hiring & more.
- You will view our people are our most important resources and work tirelessly to help them be great.
About You - We’re looking for someone who:
- Has built a high growth start up and knows what obstacles we may run into along the way
- Has experience building robust onboarding programs that allow people to hit the ground running in their roles
- Is an impeccable storyteller who knows how to leverage that ability to reach candidates who are aligned with our mission & values
- Believes deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality
- Has a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout their career
- Strives for operational excellence and knows that there is always room to do better
- Leverages data to drive decision making and understands how to build compelling business cases using quantitative and qualitative insights
- Has a track record of partnering with hiring managers of all levels to develop detailed and compelling job specifications that are mapped to clear business outcomes
- Has built and managed a high impact recruiting team, one that has helped a business scale and hit ambitious hiring targets and business goals while ensuring cultural alignment and long term resilience
- Understands the importance of DEI and has experience developing and implementing strategies that allow Tomorrow Health to build a diverse, inclusive & equitable organization
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who would thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big