At Tomorrow Health, we believe that the future of healthcare should happen in patients’ homes. We aim to drive that shift as the next-generation provider of home health. With technology at our core, we’re modernizing the antiquated experience of obtaining supplies, services, and equipment in households across America.
Our company is founded by leaders from Oscar and Casper, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other exceptional VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our focused team.
About the Role
We’re looking for a senior product manager to help us reinvent home care. As an early team member, this role will play a key role in the development of our platform. You’ll talk to customers, lead a cross-functional team, and partner closely with the Tomorrow Health leadership team to deliver solutions that provide the highest quality care to millions of America. Best of all, you’ll learn a ton while doing it. We’ll depend on you to execute at a high level with a high degree of autonomy. With that trust, we expect you to uphold and exceed high standards as we work towards achieving our mission.
What will I be doing?
- Grow Tomorrow Health’s offerings by understanding and solving our customers problems. You will deliver world-class experiences and change how our customers receive healthcare.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers' problems and work with a team of excellent engineers and designers to solve them.
- Help define the goals and vision for the tomorrow health platform while developing and delivering a roadmap of impactful features and helping the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Work across different teams to deliver solutions merging many teams offerings, and bringing features to customers in different regions.
- Drive product execution including scrum ceremonies through the full development lifecycle
- Run regular user testing to identify user needs and create hypotheses
- Analyze product data to detect trends that can be acted upon through product development
- Become an expert in our users needs (spanning patients, payors, and healthcare providers)
- You have at least 6 years of previous Product Management experience and a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products impacting thousands of users. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- You place customers first. You make no compromise on this.
- You inspire others: You can explain the customer problems clearly and include others in the team to discuss solutions. You have an ability to work with a team to develop an inspiring product vision of how you see our product developing.
- You strive to be the best: you are self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, and always looking for opportunities, determined in pursuit of your own and your customers' goals.
- You’re a great communicator: you’re straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritize the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you. Numbers are the best way to do this. You are very rigorous about measuring impact and assessing expected impact. You know how to dissociate a bad MVP from a good one and can tell the difference between an A/B test that adds value and a one that is useless.
- You have deep technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our engineers.
- You have led a cross-functional development team of at least 7 team members
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you're a quick learner, and are excited about changing the status quo for home healthcare, we’d like to hear from you.
Why Tomorrow Health?
We are still in the early stages of our journey. You will be working closely with our product team and leadership, acting on both their feedback and what our data says. Things you build here will have a tremendous impact on both healthcare in the home and Tomorrow Health as a company.
What happens after I apply?
- Quick phone call with a member of our recruiting team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Tomorrow Health.
- A discussion with a senior member of our product team
- A take home case study
- Onsite interview
Equal employment opportunity
Tomorrow Health is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How we work
We've designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who would thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big