Location: New York City
At Tomorrow Health, we believe that the future of healthcare should happen in patients’ homes. We aim to drive that shift as the next-generation provider of home health. With technology at our core, we’re modernizing the antiquated experience of obtaining supplies, services, and equipment in households across America.
Our company is founded by leaders from Oscar and Casper, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other exceptional VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our focused team.
As an integral member of our engineering team, you will be working at the heart of what sets us apart. You’ll be building the features and systems that enable a faster, simpler, more transparent process for patients and other healthcare partners. You should embrace the flexibility of a fast-moving startup. We’re looking for folks who have the capability and desire to excel in rapidly-changing environments with many moving pieces.
Tomorrow Health is headquartered in New York City.
What will I be doing?
- Lead parts of the product from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution.
- Architect new features and reusable UI paradigms using React with the goal of delighting and increasing the success of our users.
- Contribute to the development of our core products while working with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Contribute to building features using design and API mocks and write contracts, integration & unit tests for features built.
- Perform peer code reviews.
What do I need?
- You have ~5 years of experience building applications using modern UI frameworks such as React.js. You have a deep understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms.
- You probably have an eye for well functioning user interfaces, and have at least cursory insight into both design and UX principles.
- You have a knack for understanding the user flows and building them out. You also have great design intuition and user empathy.
- You have a deep interest in the technical stack you work on, to understand it better, and build out responsive products.
- A proactive technical leader with experience owning roadmaps and directing your own work.
- Someone who sets the bar high, and improves the work of those around you through mentorship and feedback.
- A clear communicator who instinctively reduces ambiguity and promotes transparency with team members.
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you're a quick learner, and are excited about changing the status quo for home healthcare, we’d like to hear from you.
How We Work
- We’re an early stage startup that is rapidly growing. We look for team members who thrive in that type of environment and can grow as we do.
- We’re hyper focused on our mission and see the opportunity to improve the home healthcare experience. We look for candidates who will find meaning in our work and are inspired to help us solve these problems.
- We believe that customer experience is critical to improving home healthcare. We look for candidates who align with that belief and will apply it to their day-to-day.
- We believe in operational excellence. We look for candidates who align with that thinking and will continually look for opportunities to be more efficient and productive.
- We are problem solvers at our core. We look for candidates who have a track record of identifying and solving problems, no matter how big or small.
- We operate with integrity. We look for people who do things the right way.
- We’re humble. We know that we can be better and we strive to help each other improve. We look for people who can deliver both good or bad news, and look for ways to improve.
Why Tomorrow Health?
We are still in the early stages of our journey. You will be working closely with our product team and leadership, acting on both their feedback and what our data says. Things you build here will have a tremendous impact on both healthcare in the home and Tomorrow Health as a company.
What happens after I apply?
- Quick phone call with a member of our recruiting team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Tomorrow Health.
- Onsite interview:
- Discussion with a senior member of our team
- Technical discussion with a senior engineer
- Pairing on an interesting problem
- Cross functional discussion with a member of our product team
Equal employment opportunity
Tomorrow Health is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How we work
We've designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who would thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big