About Tomorrow Health
We believe that the future of healthcare should happen in patients’ homes. Our aim is to drive that shift as the next generation provider of home health. With technology at our core, we are modernizing the antiquated experience of acquiring the supplies, services, and equipment needed in households across America. Our company is founded by leaders from Oscar and Casper, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other exceptional VCs and founders. We have an opportunity in front of us to enable patients and their families to lead fulfilling lives by managing their healthcare from the place they want to be most - Home.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join and become a key member of our leadership team. This person will design, hire and lead teams who build systems and features that power an advanced, automated, and transparent experience for patients and other healthcare partners. They’ll shape the strategy and execution of our technology roadmap, in lockstep with other parts of the business, to consistently produce transformative products, architecting, deploying and scaling the system to fulfill our mission. This person will report directly to the CTO/Co-Founder and will be a key cross functional partner to other members of the leadership team.
More specifically, over the next 12+ months this person will focus on:
- Leadership: Ensure that the mission and vision of Tomorrow Health are at the forefront of everything we do.
- Embodying the culture and values of the organization; acting as a model for what good looks like to the entire company.
- Inspiring everyone to be their best.
- Keeping their team focused on the opportunity, starting with the recruiting process all the way through to on-boarding and beyond.
- Technical Leadership: Define a vision and strategy for technology within Tomorrow Health.
- Acting as the guiding voice on key architecture and technology decisions
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to all members of the organization as we build a scalable infrastructure to support ongoing growth.
- Management: Building a world-class software engineering organization.
- Designing, recruiting, hiring and on-boarding a team of ~20+ highly impactful and culturally aligned engineers
- Defining performance expectations and develop a strong ability to drive outcomes through execution.
- Building a foundation for engineering development, growth and continual learning.
- Execution: Ensure that we are able to achieve company-wide objectives by delivering excellent results through the work of their team.
- Creating and maintaining development processes that ensure high quality products can be delivered against deadlines.
- As the team and company scales, continually identifying inefficiencies and implementing methods to streamline execution.
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrated experience:
- Serving as an early stage Engineering Leader in a high-growth, highly-technical environment
- Building and leading a high-performing engineering team, ideally in a growth stage from ~5 to 25+
- Managing and leading an engineering organization at scale, 25+, successfully and with a track record of delivering on key outcomes for their business
- Developing complex technical products, ideally in an environment with technology that is critical to our success (Healthcare Technology, Complex Web Applications, Marketplace/E-Commerce Technology, Cloud Computing)
- Serving as a player and coach when needed. Providing hands on oversight and guidance to engineers with an ability and desire to stay close to the code.
- Attracting talent and building an engineering culture that is focused on driving business outcomes.
- Working closely with a founder(s) to turn their vision into an operational reality. Has a strong record of taking concept to scale.
- Making those around them stronger. Ideally someone who has seen what great looks like and is able to help others become stronger through their guidance and leadership.
- Thriving in an environment where operational excellence is key. This person should have experience continually optimizing for efficiency and performance.
- Has been part of the decision making process and build/implementation of tools like ERPs, CRMs & more.
How We Work
- We’re an early stage startup that is rapidly growing. We look for team members who thrive in that type of environment and can grow as we do.
- We’re hyper focused on our mission and see the opportunity to improve the home healthcare experience. We look for candidates who will find meaning in our work and are inspired to help us solve these problems.
- We believe that customer experience is critical to improving home healthcare. We look for candidates who align with that belief and will apply it to their day-to-day.
- We believe in operational excellence. We look for candidates who align with that thinking and will continually look for opportunities to be more efficient and productive.
- We are problem solvers at our core. We look for candidates who have a track record of identifying and solving problems, no matter how big or small.
- We operate with integrity. We look for people who do things the right way.
- We’re humble. We know that we can be better and we strive to help each other improve. We look for people who can deliver both good or bad news, and look for ways to improve.
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big