At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other exceptional VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
Craft and execute our growth and go-to-market strategy, with a primary focus on acquiring and closing health plan customers, and ensuring a value-add customer experience that results in multi-year retention of health plans clients. This is both a manager and individual contributor role. An executive presence is necessary, as the stakeholders at these customer organizations will often be at the C-level. We are looking for someone who can be an external face for Tomorrow Health, but most critically deliver tangible results (closed contracts, high customer retention, successful customer metrics year-over-year).
Your performance will be based on specific metrics associated with closing net-new payor partners and managing the success of all existing partnerships, and you will report to the CEO. You should embrace the flexibility of an early-stage startup; we’re looking for those who have the capability and desire to work in a rapidly-changing environment with many moving parts.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
In 3 months:
- Culture carrier: join the Tomorrow Health leadership team, work to understand the organization’s culture, and internalize our values and mission
- Financial ownership: maintain partnership financial model and collaborate with the operations and technology teams to ensure successful partnerships
- Team leadership and expansion: evaluate the resourcing needs across the Business Development verticals and prepare to grow as needed
- Execute: facilitate contract closing, implementation, and ongoing success with health plan customers
In 6 months:
- Implementation: ensure cohesive partnership playbook is executed end-to-end
- Team leadership and expansion: continue to build out teams and resourcing needs
- Infrastructure: build out a deal template and replicable partnership model with more granular projections by business line
- Enterprise brand: cultivate and expand our network of connectors and advisors
In 12 months:
- Tomorrow Health Strategy: a thought partner to leaders across the company for overall business strategy
- Relationship building: ensure that health plan relationships built are strong and well-maintained
What we are looking for:
- Has closed contracts and managed ongoing relationships with health plan customers ($1mm+ annual value)
- Exceptional ability (Top 5%) to lead teams that sell into complex, matrix org structures and can execute successful go-to-market plans / implementations with them
- Passion for serving partners and having large scale impact on the healthcare of thousands of people
- Motivated by early stage growth environment and comfortable with ambiguity; is adept at managing teams, but can also be an individual contributor when needed
- Tenacious problem solver, motivated by seemingly insurmountable challenges
- 10+ years of enterprise healthcare business development, go-to-market, or client relationships management (professional services) experience