At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other exceptional VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we’re looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the Role
As a key leader on our Operations Team, you will be working at the heart of what sets us apart. You will be managing our Customer Support team & our Care Advocates, our “secret sauce” in providing exceptional care and service to patients managing their health needs at home. Our Care Advocates work with patients to identify products best suited for their health and lifestyle needs, ensure patients’ needs are met from end-to-end, and empower patients to better manage their care at home. You will bring Customer Success best practices to our team, helping us create a best-in-class patient experience that is scalable.
You'll be responsible for:
- Patient Experience:
- Ensure patients needs are met from end-to-end & all patients feel they have been advocated for
- Identify areas for improved patient experience, and collaborate with our Production Lead and Product Team to bring them to life.
- Handle escalated patient cases with ease & professionalism.
- Memorialize a team ethos around patient-centricity and going above & beyond to delight patients.
- Proactively drive exceptional patient experience with a strong sense of urgency and advocacy
- Training & People Management:
- Establish & enact a robust QA and training program across the Care Advocate team
- Manage resource allocation and scheduling to optimize for internal team & patient satisfaction
- Modify & iterate on scripts and SOPs to improve key metrics & SLAs.
- Knowledge Management & Process Improvement
- Ensure that learnings from edge cases are captured & shared across the team to support our care model and implementation playbooks for the future
- Create a culture of documentation—we need to build a knowledge management system that supports continued growth & scale, but doesn’t compromise on depth & quality of knowledge around a multitude of patient experiences.
- Ensure that all tools are being used for maximum efficiency, visibility across the operations & care stack, and patient experience
- Proactively address risks & issues with patient experience, and collaborate with team leads across the Operations stack to solve problems quickly and thoughtfully
- Your success will be judged on the ability to create and maintain a best-in-class customer experience, ability to identify ambiguities and proactively seek out & create clarity, complete highly complex processes and workflows, and build creative solutions when processes break down
- Delivering on Key Metrics:
- CSAT 4+/5
- NPS 75
- An experienced CS leader (5-7 years experience) with deep comfort working in fast-paced, startup environments
- You have hands-on leadership experience, and you’ve scaled and improved high-quality, efficient operations teams (ideally teams of 50+ people, managing multiple operational processes/workflows)
- You have excellent project/process management skills, and are always thinking about what can be better and faster
- You’re highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- You can understand our patients’ pain-points & are driven to put our patients first
- Comfortable using a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Someone who thrives in a growth-stage environment, bringing order and process within a rapidly-changing ecosystem
- Ready to get your hands dirty, recognizing that no task is too small in the effort to build a large and scalable organization
- Someone with a strong sense of urgency & initiative—you find problems and build solutions without anyone asking you to
- While healthcare experience is not necessary, an interest in learning the industry and its challenges is essential
- You're an effective communicator with comfort talking to people all day
- Comfortable using a wide variety of technologies and systems (ZenDesk, Kustomer, Google Suite, Retool)
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience managing a remote team
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience with call center operations
We've designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who would thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big