Tomorrow.io's Product & Design department focuses on building products that people love, use, and advocate for all across the globe, with emphasis on an outstanding customer-centric approach. We empower our product people with autonomy to run fast and make decisions, and we do it across multiple industries and markets like B2B, B2C, B2D, and B2G.
As the Senior API Product Manager, you will work as part of a driven and creative team of Product Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Marketers, Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Account Managers, and Business Development/Sales Representatives. You will be responsible for strategic decision-making and organization of the API roadmap and priorities, as well as coordination of requirements and releases of new capabilities the team delivers. You will be the go-to source of communication between the API team and our Go-To-Market teams while acting as the liaison between the API team and the broader team of Product Managers. You will be involved in customer and sales discussions when needed and at times be asked to present key highlights of our upcoming roadmap to customers and others alike.
No two days are the same, but as the Senior API Product Manager, you can expect to:
- Design and build a world class developer experience for the Tomorrow API
- Analyze the market and internal validation and performance data to identify top priorities for the API team to work on.
- Deploy creative growth strategies to generate leads and drive seamless onboarding and sign-up for new customers
- Work with the API team leads in designing a tangible roadmap and work plan to be communicated outward to the broader business.
- Craft requirements documentation acting as a blueprint for the API team to execute on.
- Organize data-driven methods to discover insights from our customer and market data to inform the business and our priorities
- Scope the level of work required to execute on projects of high importance to the business.
- Run validation on API data and organize reported issues from customers to understand gaps in our outputs and prioritize accordingly.
- Identify key aspects of process improvement to sharpen our understanding of where performance improvements are most needed and how best we can communicate where we excel.
- Coordinate the go-to-market release and messaging of key improvements to our API products and models with marketing, the customer team, and sales.
- Present our API capabilities and roadmap to customers and sales prospects to garner enthusiasm toward what we are doing.
- Design and prioritize key API experiences in the Tomorrow Platform to drive the best-in-class weather experience for customers.
What you bring
- At least 5+ years of experience in a similar professional setting with a focus on product-led growth techniques with a data-driven mindset. API experience is a bonus.
- At least 3+ years of experience in an engineering or developer setting working with APIs
- Hunger for understanding and not settling for less. The desire to dive into the details of the data is critical for success.
- The ability to build a case driven by data to justify a hypothesis and push when you believe in something.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Able to work with many different personalities and across different teams and areas of the globe. Able to tactfully change language depending on the audience.
- Business-driven critical thinking skills. Always understands the broader context of why something may be important for us to do, but not necessarily the best thing to do now given circumstances and why.
- Strong ability to communicate complicated topics into digestible formats for others to understand.
- Organized and over-prepared with a can-do attitude.
So if you seek to lead a flagship product, If you have a passion to build the vision of the API to be the best product that the world has seen with a thriving global community, and make an impact on billions of people worldwide - This is the place for you!
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.