Tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF and acoustic-based sensing systems, such as radar, radiometer and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We are looking for a FPGA Firmware Engineer to join a cutting edge, multidisciplinary team to help us execute complex development programs. Applications include, but are not limited to, weather and climate remote sensing, navigation and situational awareness, as well as enabling the most capable weather intelligence platform in the world. As a FPGA Firmware Engineer at Tomorrow.io, you will play a critical role in firmware development through all phases of the development cycle: requirements gathering and definition, design, development, prototyping, implementation, verification, testing, integration, calibration, and documentation.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to the Software Defined Radar (SDR) to support Space and Terrestrial Sensor missions.
- Design, document, implement, simulate, and test new firmware designs including planning and estimation of the required tasks.
- Work closely with Systems and Radar engineers to verify feature implementations.
- Perform design reviews, code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
What you bring:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of relevant experience or M.S. degree in electrical engineering or related discipline with 1+ years minimum relevant experience.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with changing priorities. Utilize Agile methodology to track work progress and keep team members informed; familiarity with Atlassian tools is a plus
- A proactive attitude and the ability to follow-through on commitments.
- Experience with Linux OS and scripting (bash/tcl/python/perl, etc)
- Experience with Versioning Control System (Git or SVN, Gitlab or Github or similar) to closely track changes to the FPGA baseline; utilization of continuous improvement and continuous development systems in a git based environment
- Familiarity with Xilinx based Vivado tool suite is a plus
- Familiarity with the Zynq SoC family; Ultrascale+, RFSoC, MPSoC, and Versal experience is a plus
- Familiarity with RADAR/Communications DSP modeling, design, and implementation experience (Matlab/HDL coder, Python, CIC/FIR filters, Beamforming,WIFI, ZigBee, LTE, FFT/IFFT IP cores) is a plus
- Familiarity with high speed interfaces (JESD, LVDS, SerDes, DDR3/4, Ethernet) a plus
- Familiarity with firmware verification (directed stimulus & self checking test bench)
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals unless and until any required licenses are obtained.
So if your passion is to design a cutting edge next-generation RADAR to provide weather intelligence to the world and have fun while doing so, then this team is for you.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Anticipated salary range is $130K-$160K, subject to local market and a candidate’s skills and experience. Health, leave and other benefits included. Relocation assistance may be offered / available.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.