Tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF-based sensing systems, such as radar and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We’re looking for an Senior Electronics Manufacturing Engineer who is passionate about aerospace. The mission of the Electronics Mfg. Engineer is to work with the Electrical / Mechanical design teams and Production Lead to shoulder the daily demands of transitioning both legacy and new product designs and associated PCBAs / FW / SW into production. This is an all-encompassing role to take designs from inception, into production and beyond into testing, integration and final delivery. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with all tasks supporting electronics manufacturing including PCB fabrication / assembly, soldering, rework, designing & programming test fixtures, PCBA trouble-shooting, and writing / releasing assembly programming & test procedures.
As a Senior Electronics Manufacturing Engineer at Tomorrow.io, You’ll:
- Work with the EE design team on vetting both new & old PCBA design sources and mfg. packages (BOMs, schematics, assembly drawings, Gerber date etc.) to make necessary updates to meet Tomorrow.io standards for release into production
- Provide feedback on all electronic product enclosure, PCBA and harness designs with input for testing and manufacturing; evaluate proposed designs for DfM, DfA, and DfAM.
- Design, document and build test fixtures needed for manufacturing including basic tester PCBAs and wiring harnesses
- Document and perform electronic product testing at both a system and subsystem level; develop, write, review, and implement manufacturing plans, production travelers and standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Help develop and / or deploy hardware and software tools for the production floor
- Work directly with technicians and the production lead on production builds; Help train technicians on processes and procedures
- Support life cycle management for electronic parts for multiple programs
What you bring:
- Electronic design & schematic capture with electronic design automation (EDA) tools
- Setup and use automated test equipment (ATE) and virtual instrumentation software (National instruments or equivalent,bench top power supplies, digital multimeters (DMM), o-scopes, spectrum analyzers etc.
- Technical documentation of assembly programming and test procedures for a production setting
- Familiar with material requirements planning (MRP) tools / SW and their use
- Nice to haves:
- Radio Frequency (RF) radar background and experience with vector network analyzer (VNA) and vector signal generator lab equipment
- IPC-J-STD-001 + Space, IPC/WHMA-A-620 + space and IPC/WHMA-A-610
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals unless and until any required licenses are obtained
So if your passion is to design cutting edge next-generation RADAR software to provide weather intelligence to the world, and have fun while doing so, then this team is for you.
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Tomorrow.io is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Tomorrow.io is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Anticipated salary range is $110K-$140K, subject to local market and a candidate’s skills and experience. Health, leave and other benefits included. Relocation assistance may be offered / available.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We believe that magic happens when people work together. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego, and empathy. Here, your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We have flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy.We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.