Tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF-based sensing systems, such as radar and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has the technical and project leadership skills to develop and maintain a complex desktop software system, developing features in accordance with customer requirements across different Linux and masOS platforms. These products will have a direct impact on Tomorrow.io’s strategic positioning in the market. As a contributor within the Space and Sensors software team, you will play a critical role in the execution of complex, multidisciplinary system development programs. Your challenges will include high-availability, interprocess communication, high data volumes, algorithms, data visualization, and release reliability. Your contributions will help make sure we are building the best radar weather platform in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tomorrow.io, You’ll
- Responsible for C++ software development and improvement of existing Command/Control/Visualization applications that interface with Tomorrow.io’s radar technology.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to support customer requirements.
- Perform design reviews, code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
- Plan and estimate software tasks.
- Help create and maintain CI / CD pipelines for applications and products.
- Help Integrate unit tests, linters and static analysis tools into pipelines.
- Contribute to the company’s engineering culture by implementing best engineering practices.
- Improve your skills by keeping up with the latest software tools, techniques and processes.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of Linux software development experience, 5+ years C++ experience.
- TCP/IP sockets, threading experience
- Experience interfacing with hardware
- CMake / QMake build tools
- Experience with different Linux distributions
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals unless and until any required licenses are obtained
So if your passion is to design cutting edge next-generation RADAR software to provide weather intelligence to the world, and have fun while doing so, then this team is for you.
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Tomorrow.io is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Tomorrow.io is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Anticipated salary range is $140K-$170K, subject to local market and a candidate’s skills and experience. Health, leave and other benefits included. Relocation assistance may be offered / available.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.