Tome Biosciences is the programmable gene insertion company. Using CRISPR, our technologies allow us to insert any genetic sequence of any size at any location into any genome. We are writing the final chapter in genomic medicines, delivering cures to patients through cell and genome engineering.
Associate Scientist, LNP (Process Development)
At Tome, we are developing the next generation of programmable gene insertion technology. We are building an exceptional team and a work environment that is diverse, innovative, rewarding, and fun. We have an opportunity to re-write the patient's story, and together, we are writing a new chapter in genomic medicines.
Our CMC Team is growing! Reporting to our Director, Manufacturing & Process Development, we are seeking an Associate Scientist, LNP (Process Development) to join our organization. This position will be responsible for supporting the development of scalable processes for RNA-LNP encapsulation. This position will play a critical role in successfully developing manufacturing processes that deliver a quality product.
- Contribute to the design and execution of process development studies to encapsulate gRNA and mRNA into LNPs
- Employ engineering principles to define process parameters, ranges, specifications, and control strategies for robust, scalable, and efficient encapsulation
- Execute end-to-end unit operations including encapsulation and filtration unit operations to support internal material needs
- Communicate results through presentations and authorship of technical reports
- Collaborate within the PD group and across the organization to achieve project and corporate goals
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of scalable LNP encapsulation and filtration purification methods
- Working knowledge of statistical methods for design and analysis of experiments
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of generating results in a scientific environment
- Working knowledge of RNA and LNP process analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)