Tome Biosciences is the programmable gene insertion company. Using CRISPR, our technologies allow us to insert any genetic sequence of any size at any location into any genome. We are writing the final chapter in genomic medicines, delivering cures to patients through cell and genome engineering.
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Translational Biology
At Tome, we are developing the next generation of programmable gene insertion technology. We are building an exceptional team and a work environment that is diverse, innovative, rewarding, and fun. We have an opportunity to re-write the patient story, and together, we are writing a new chapter in genomic medicines.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist to join the Translational Biology group under the Genomics team. The successful candidate will be responsible for identification and optimization of lead genomic medicines and investigation of the therapeutic outcomes. The environment is exciting and fast-paced and offers the opportunity to translate the next generation gene editing technologies into medicine. The candidate will be comfortable with leading research projects, learning disease biology, developing new assays and making scientific presentations to a multidisciplinary team at Tome.
- Develop and optimize the lead candidates using molecular cloning, cell biology, and gene editing technologies
- Establish methods to characterize gene editing outcomes in disease relevant primary mammalian cell models using both molecular and functional readouts
- Collaborate closely with scientists from cross-functional teams to coordinate workflows
- Maintain command over scientific literature and apply new insights and novel approaches to research projects
- Help interpret data and communicate results across diverse expertise and levels through written and oral communication with slides
- Mentor junior scientists in their research projects and career development
- PhD with 5+ years of academic or industry experience in cell and molecular biology, human genetics or related discipline
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology and expertise in gene-editing techniques
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively across multi-functional groups
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Must be able to prioritize and manage a high volume, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, proactive, and rises to challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)